Sunday, January 3, 2010

Surrender

Everyone I know, love and trust has given me the same advice on how to get pregnant: stop thinking about it. So, my New Year's resolution is to do just that. I've put down the thermometer and now I'm putting down the blog.

As much as I enjoy writing every day and exploring issues surrounding fertility and women's sexuality, this blog feeds my hyper-focus on fertility. That's not so good if you're trying to stop trying so hard! So, my plan is to start blogging again when A) I am pregnant and ready to share the news with the world and/or B) we decide to adopt a child. In the meantime, my husband reminded me that I can still write every day--my languishing novel, the baby that I'm oh-so-willing to neglect, would love that kind of attention.

In 2010, I'm surrendering to the idea of "not trying." It's probably the hardest thing for me to do--giving up some semblance of control over this baby process--and it's likely the most important lesson to learn on the road to parenthood and, just maybe, happiness. I'll let you know how it works out...

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment