Saturday, November 14, 2009

dream journal

One of my loyal readers (and a great friend) suggested that I stop searching for dream interpretations on the Web and start "looking within," as it were, for answers. She keeps a dream journal and writes that it's helped her to see the patterns in her dreams to to understand them and their relevance to her life.

This sounds very promising--in theory. In practice, it's a goddamn miracle that I'm writing this blog every day! I still havemy wedding thank-you notes to get done by Thanksgiving and a novel to finish by New Year's (wasn't that my goal last year? Uh oh...). With all this and work on my plate, what are the chances of me actually finding the time to keep track of my dreams on a regular basis?

Wait.

Why am I talking myself out of this? What am I afraid of?

It's a fine idea and it would probably take, oh, two minutes a day. I waste that much time looking at my zits. Okay, from here on out, it's less zit-staring and more dream journaling. I'm going to re-quote Jung in this moment just to remind myself that I really do believe, "Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

No comments:

Post a Comment