Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gratitude

Things for Which I Am Grateful Today
  1. My old, dusty bluegrass tapes that still play just fine, thank you
  2. My new husband writing wedding thank-you notes like the good feminist he is
  3. The taste of raw cake batter
  4. The fact that I can waive off the threat of salomanella with the flick of a spatula
  5. The fact that I never got pregnant before I was ready
  6. The fact that both my husband and I are now ready to get pregnant
  7. The way my mother always watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
  8. The way I teared up today watching the cheesy parade, thinking of my mom far away
  9. Being alive and well enough to go backpacking for my birthday this weekend
  10. Having new friends who will hit the trail with me, instead of the mall, on Black Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment